Senior Product Manager : Mobile Apps (m/f) - Porto
Sobre a Empresa︎
Hostelworld is a leading global OTA focused on the hostel market.
Hostelworld Group, the global hostel-focussed online booking platform, inspires adventurous minds to meet the world and come back with life-changing stories to tell. Our customers are not your average tourists, they crave cultural connection and unique experiences that we make possible by providing an unbeatable selection of hostels in unmissable locations – all in the palm of their hand.
It is the social nature and community feel of hostels and their environment, that enable travellers to embrace journeys of discovery, adventure and meaning. We have more than 13 million reviews across 17,800 hostels in more than 179 countries, making the brand the leading online hub for social travel. The website operates in 19 different languages and our mobile app in 13 languages.
Headquartered in Dublin, Hostelworld has a growing, high-calibre team of 300 people within Technology, Product, Global Markets, Customer Service and Marketing Teams across our Dublin, London, Porto, Shanghai and Sydney offices.
The company’s highly valued culture is characterised by collaboration, innovation, respect, communication and smart thinking. The senior management team has managed to maintain the positive characteristics of a start-up ethos, combined with a professional and mature approach to growing and scaling as a publicly listed business.
Working at Hostelworld means working in a global company defined by an innovative culture, collaborative teams and professional growth; this is what we offer our employees. And, importantly, we recognise their efforts and reward their achievements.
THE ROLE & TEAM
We are looking for a entrepreneurial minded Senior Product Manager to manage our two mobile app (iOS and Android). This is a rare opportunity to be able to manage both platforms in one role. We believe in building a company culture that is focused on ownership and want to find a strong product leader who can continue to deliver value through customer growth and customer retention.
Our mobile native apps are core to our overall strategy as a company. Both our mobile apps are loved by our customers. iOS and Android have 4.8 and 4.6 store ratings respectively. What we want to do now is go much further and deeper into the lives of our travellers. We have a strong 21 year old brand that resonates with a very motivated audience. We want you to leverage these assets into something much bigger than what we have today.
Working with Marketing, Product, Data, and Engineering you will focus on developing and implementing upon new strategic initiatives as well as the tasks that keep the lights on. You’ll provide direction and work side by side with engineering to deliver on the business units OKRs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
You will be responsible for:
- Developing our existing iOS and Android apps
- Contributing to the overall success of the company through aligned OKRs
- Providing product subject matter expertise and leadership
- Creating, maintaining and prioritising the teams to build for Growth
- Ensuring key KPIs are tracked, measured and reported on
- Deliver features to improve new customer acquisition and retention
- Work closely with Marketing to continually improve free customer acquisition channels such as ASO
- Provide updates and explain solutions to non-technical teams and other stakeholders
- Creating compelling business cases with an impact on growth
- Discover, implement and solve significant changes and problems
- Work closely with other product owners to contribute to and execute the company’s product strategy
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years’ experience in a Product Manager role, ideally focused on mobile
- You understand growth loops and how to build them.
- Experience working on social features is a distinct advantage
- Expert in growth tactics: Conversion optimisation, Retention Analysis, Segmentation, etc
- Strong data analytical sense (SQL skill would great) but general analytical intuition.
- Strong background working and giving clear feedback to UI and UX designers.
- Excellent understanding of metrics, web and tracking tools. Ability to dive into detailed analysis without losing sight of the big picture.
- Proven ability to clearly communicate analyses, conclusions, and recommendations verbally, in writing, and visually.
- Experience in identifying new growth opportunities, introducing new features and/or initiatives, and scaling them significantly with ROI targets in mind.
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels — while providing direction and clarity to all involved parties.
- Ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Live our Values:
Think Customer - We take every opportunity to connect with those on the road
Be Bold, Be Brave, Be Adventurous - We explore the new and our journey is ambitious.
Keep it Simple - We’re smart and agile, always taking the clear route to our destination.
Community Spirit - We collaborate with people from around the globe, communicating honestly with energy, passion and curiosity.
Build a Better World - We value equality and diversity, using our collective energy to promote understanding.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and commit to ensuring equal opportunities for everyone